Even the most seemingly simple products can prove remarkably complex to figure out especially when you are trying to find the one that’s right for you. In this article, I am going to explain to you exactly what you need to know about the best infant car seat under $100.
When you are ready to take the newest member of your family home, you want to make sure they are safe and comfortable. At Baby Mommy Club our goal is to help you find a car seat that is easy to work with and install too.
Infant car seats can provide peace of mind when you are on the vehicle with a baby but researching for them can be a nightmare.
Additionally, they can be difficult to adjust and set up. Because the number of brands is staggering and sometimes it becomes really challenging deciding what features you really need to keep your baby safe.
After examining many top-ranked car seats, doing some test results, and consulting with a safety technician, we picked five finalists that represent the best value for features that really count safety and setup.
This article can save yourself a lot of time and countless trips to the store.
So without further ado let’s get started.
Best Infant Car Seat Under $100
- 1 Best Infant Car Seat Under $100
- 2 1. Evenflo LiteMax 35 – Best Inexpensive Infant Car Seat:
- 3 2. Baby Trend EZ Flex Loc:
- 4 3. Evenflo Nurture Infant Car Seat:
- 5 4. Baby Trend Ally 35 – Cheapest Rear-facing Infant Car Seat:
- 6 5. Cosco Light N Comfy DX:
We’re an affiliate:
We hope you love the products that we recommend! Just so you know, as an Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you if you use our links.
|Car Seats||Height Range||Weight Range||Price|
|Evenflo LiteMax 35|
|17-32''||4-35 lbs||Check Price|
|Baby Trend EZ||Up to 30''||5-30 lbs||Check Price|
|Evenflo Nurture||19-29''||5-22 lbs||Check Price|
|Baby Trend Ally 35||Up to 32''||4-35 lbs||Check Price|
|Cosco Light N Comfy||Up to 29"||4-22 lbs||Check Price|
1. Evenflo LiteMax 35 – Best Inexpensive Infant Car Seat:
Evenflo LiteMax 35 is one of the cushiest car seats out there. This seat can fit babies from 4 to 35 pounds and 17 to 32 inches tall. You can easily get a full year out of this car seat. It comes with front-end adjustment for the five-point harness.
There are a lot of good premium features in this car seat such as it comes with an anti-rebound bar base to prevent the seat forward motion in event of a crash.
The base is pretty neat too. This is like the slimmest based you will ever see. It also has got 4 different adjustment positions. The base is easily installable on your vehicle through its latch connector.
Its cushy seat and the cushy headrest are really comfortable for your baby. You will definitely love the fabric of this car seat. It comes with a microfiber material which is really really nice to touch. This car seat has a large canopy which goes all the way to a little bit pass the handle which is really nice.
The LiteMax is super light in weight and it’s never going to weigh down even with a baby in the seat. It is also tested for high and low temperatures so your baby is safe in all seasons. With its belt lock-off technology, it provides a secure vehicle-belt installation.
This Evenflo LiteMax 30 can also be used in the stroller. You can put this seat on both sides of the stroller like a face-parent or face out of the world. But we recommend it face-parent for at least six months. The facing out from the stroller is too much stimulation for your baby.
- An ergonomic handle which is uniquely designed for your maximum comfort.
- 4 harness slots.
- Integrated belt lock-off system.
- Side impact protection.
- Design and tested for the federal crash test standard.
- Certified for use in flights.
- Very cushiony.
- Ultra-lightweight, comfy, and soft.
- Machine washable seat pads.
- Easy to install.
- The straps are not of good quality.
- Little bit narrow seat for a healthy kid.
2. Baby Trend EZ Flex Loc:
The Flex Loc infant car seat is a top-rated infant car seat that is designed to securely cradle any baby from newborn to 30 pounds. As your baby grows the car seats height-adjustable seat back, which means you will never have to rethread the harness.
For ease of use and to assure your baby’s comfort and safety the advanced harness design adjusts with OneTouch push-button release that locks firmly into place.
The Flex Loc infant car seat offers a spectrum of different color combinations to perfectly match your car’s interior.
The seat base features a four-position push button angle adjustment with level indicator for proper installation in any vehicle. You can also release the seat from the base with just one hand.
This infant car seat also utilizes top-quality construction soft yet durable fabrics and EPS energy-absorbing foam for superior head impact protection.
This car seat is designed for children weighing between five and thirty pounds and thirty inches or less in height.
The Flex Loc makes safety easy with the base’s flexible latch straps. It features a five-point safety harness with a one-hand harness adjustment and push-button release.
The car seat also has a delta-shaped handle making it comfortable to carry without pinching your arm.
Your child will be seated safely and comfortably in this car seat.
Also, the one-hand easy-access seat release makes it convenient to move the car seat from the vehicle to your home and back.
Baby Trend EZ Flex Loc includes the following accessories;
- A moving seat back with seat pad.
- Two harness straps.
- A harness clip and locking clip.
- A harness adjuster strap with a harness adjuster button.
- Carry handle and a canopy.
- On the back of the seat, you will find an adjuster knob for the moving seatback.
- A seat angle indicator.
- A belt adjuster plate and a base stroller hook.
The base of your flex loc car seat includes;
- A belt path for vehicle seat belt installation.
- A foot adjustment lock button.
- Latch attachment hooks with Latch connectors.
- Latch attachment hook release buttons and webbing release buttons.
How to Install Baby Trend EZ Flex Loc Infant Car Seat?
- 5-points safety harness system.
- Soft head support.
- Smooth carrying handle that won’t hurt your arm.
- One-hand easy-access seat release.
- Easy to install.
- Safe and durable.
- Excellent quality.
- Adjustable base for proper safety.
- Bulky in size as compared to other models.
- The harness is hard to buckle.
3. Evenflo Nurture Infant Car Seat:
The Evenflo Nurture car seat supports babies from 5 to 22 pounds and height anywhere between 19 to 29 inches only rear-facing mode. It is one of the leading car seats and is designed with keeping both you and your baby in mind.
The base is also a great part of this seat which is also easy for transition in and out of the car. You can also use this seat with or without a base.
This car seat gives your infant the greatest degree of comfort and safety. It provides the five-point harness system which holds your child very securely.
It comes with a large canopy that can protect your kid from direct sunlight, wind, and rain when you are outside. This car seat is tested for all energy levels. It also features an ergonomically shaped easy to carry handle which is also quite comfy.
The Evenflo Nurture is ultra-lightweight and the fabric of this car seat is also quite soft and extremely easy to clean.
It is one of the bargain car seats available out there if you are tight on budget. But it is also certainly not the long-lasting seat if you want to use it for 3 to 4 years.
- Tested for side-impact and energy levels for 2X.
- Made in the United States and include all vehicle safety standards.
- Also, tested for all levels of temperatures.
- Three harness positions.
- Full coverage canopy.
- Easy-to-carry handle.
- Machine washable.
- Affordable & reliable.
- Shoulder harness is difficult to adjust.
- It can only limit a child for up to 22 pounds.
4. Baby Trend Ally 35 – Cheapest Rear-facing Infant Car Seat:
The Baby Trend Ally 35 car seat will accommodate an infant from 4 to 35 pounds. The Baby Trend features adjustable head support with no need to rethread the straps.
It also comes with a large 2-panel canopy to keep the baby cool in the shade. Also for those not so sunny days, the Baby Trend Ally infant car seat comes with a cold-weather boot to keep your child’s snug and warm. As a complete package, this car seat is hard to beat in both innovation and design.
To remove its base you just need to locate the release handle.
One of the top features of this car seat is the EPS energy-absorbing foam for superior side impact head protection.
It also includes a five-point safety harness system that exceeds all industry standards. Baby Trend also makes the tightening and loosening of the safety straps easy and fast.
The carrier and handle are also really unique in design.
How To Put Your Child in Car Seat?
- To properly secure your child into the Baby Trend car seat by putting your infant into the seat.
- Also make sure not to put anything under babies such as a blanket or pillow as it will make the safety features of the seat to not perform optimally.
- First put the shoulder harnesses over the baby’s shoulders.
- Connect the chest buckle first and move up the straps until it rests comfortably on the baby’s chest near the shoulders.
- Next, overlap the crotch buckle tongs and insert into the crotch buckle.
- To tighten the straps locate the strap adjuster on the front of the seat.
- Pull on the tightening strap now the shoulder strap should be nice and snug.
- To loosen the straps locate the strap adjuster button on the front of the seat. Push down on the button at the same time you pull on the shoulder straps.
With this innovative feature, you should have no problem having a safe and comfortable ride for your baby.
How to Install Baby Trend Ally 35 Infant Car Seat?
To install the Baby Trend infant car seat you first need to remove the seat from the base.
Locate in your vehicle the latch attachment anchors you should see a small button on the back of the vehicle seat above the anchors.
Baby Trend LATCH connectors are unique in the industry. They make a robust design and a very easy one-touch tightened. Loosen the belt by pressing the red button on the belt.
Click the latch connector to the latch anchor and you should hear a small click. Test the latch connector by toggling back a few times. Tighten the last connector belt by pulling on the short side of the belt. To get the proper fit you should put some weight on the base itself to depress the vehicle’s seat cushion.
After you are sure you have tightened the base, place the car seat on the base. Move the car seat handle down to the rear of the car seat. Be sure to check the level indicator on the side of the Baby Trend car seat.
This makes sure that the infant car seat is level and safe.
Unhook your base from your car and move the foot down or up accordingly.
Reinstall and recheck the level indicator so there should be no orange color in the two holes repeat as necessary.
As with any car seat be sure to read both the car seat and vehicle owners manual before you get started to ensure proper installation.
Either experienced mom or not if you have used any other car seat on the market you would understand that from the day you bring your newborn home up until the time their little neck muscles have developed. You worry about their safety and comfort and especially newborns and their breathing.
The Ally 3 infant car seat from Baby Trend is easy to install, safe, comfortable and one of the best infant car seat under $100 on the market.
- It is equipped with a LATCH base.
- Adjustable base with 4-position push-button and dual bubble level indicator.
- Easy-access seat release with single hand.
- 5-point harness system.
- Affordable price.
- Sturdy and great.
- Easy to install and lightweight.
- Nothing that we found out.
5. Cosco Light N Comfy DX:
The Light N Comfy car seat from Cosco is a rear-facing only infant car seat which accommodates babies from 4 pounds to 22 pounds. This makes it a great car seat for preemie babies. The seat itself is very lightweight so you can move it from your car to your stroller to inside your home with ease.
An infant insert five-point harness and side impact protection all keep your baby protected. This car seat does meet all safety regulations because all car seats have to but it does not have the energy absorbing foam which most other infant car seats include.
This infant car seat is also LATCH equipped. The infant insert is snug to really hug those four-pound babies.
Overall the Cosco Light N Comfy infant seat is a great seat for the value.
In those first few months of a baby’s lives parents are constantly moving the car seat from the car to the stroller to the house and this seat being so lightweight really helps.
Your infant will outgrow this in about a year but again for the affordable price point, this is a good value.
The car seat fabric can be spot cleaned.
- Machine washable seat pad with dryer safe.
- Perfectly fit for small babies.
- Side impact protection.
- It also includes a retractable canopy.
- Certified for use on airplanes.
- Easy to remove and lock seat w/base.
- LATCH equipped with storage.
- Multiple colors available.
- Ergonomic handle and can be used in any position.
- Easy to clean.
- Lightweight and durable.
- No seat belt lock off.